Read on to hear out about our December events and to see what is happening in January!
Don’t forget to check our school website and Twitter account @carnloughcips for updates!
Theme for the Month: New Beginnings
‘Cheers to a New Year, another chance for us to get it right.’
During our first assembly this year we heard the story of Jenny and Callum and how we cannot always see what is around the corner! We talked about how we don’t know what lies ahead for us but that we can learn from past mistakes and use this to help us be better people. We have talked about resolutions and have thought about how we can make 2018 a great year. New beginnings give us the chance to try again.
After Schools Provision
We are delighted to offer a new term timetable for after school provision. Please ensure all money and forms are submitted asap. Please keep note of the timetable provided which details days, times and classes involved. Clubs will run for 10 weeks excluding midterm break and Easter.
Shared Education Signature Project
The teachers and principals across the partner schools will be planning lots of learning opportunities and events for Term 2 over the next few weeks. Our Shared Education Partnership continues to go from strength to strength and we are fortunate that we have such excellent links with our partner schools. All classes will be meeting this term for shared days and will engage in lots of fantastic activities including PDMU, P.E, ICT and we look forward to welcoming the pupils to our school in March. Permission notes to follow.
Teachers are also taking part in a variety of continuous professional development opportunities provided through Shared Education allowing them to update and share in examples of best teaching practice.
As we talk about new beginnings and the imminent arrival of Spring, if anyone is clearing out or spring cleaning please remember that we can take old clothes, bedclothes, shoes, jackets, material, etc. in our recycling bin. This provides additional funding to school funds which of course is used to benefit all our children. Many thanks!
Free Microsoft Office
We have been notified by C2K who manage our school computers that children can use their C2K usernames to obtain Microsoft Office for free. Follow the steps below to obtain it for up to 5 devices.
Get MS Office in 4 easy steps
- Visit http://portal.office.com
- Enter your C2k Username in the format email@example.com
- At the next box enter (i) your C2k username auser123 and (ii) password
- Download the version of MS Office you require
Post-Primary Open Days
It is the time of year when lots of post-primary schools are hosting open days/evenings. It is important for P7 pupils to visit these but equally so for P6 children. It is good to get a flavour of what schools offer and may help you decide whether to sit entrance exams. Open nights will be published in the media and on school websites but here is a list of school open nights in our area:
- Ballymena Academy: 10th and 11th January
- Cambridge House: Saturday 20th January
- Dunclug College: 3rd and 4th January
- Larne Grammar: 23rd and 24th January
- Larne High: 11th January
- Slemish Integrated College: 24th January
- St. Killian’s College: 20th January
- St. Patrick’s: 18th January
- Safer Internet day Tuesday 6th Feb
- Mid-term break Monday 12th Feb – Fri 16th Feb incl.
- Confession Tuesday 20th May @1pm
- Holy Communion Saturday 28th April @11am
- Confirmation Thursday 23rd May @ 4pm
- Please ensure children are in school and ready to start class at 9.00am. Children are permitted to be on site from 8.45 am. It is important that class starts punctually so as to minimise disruption and start off the school day well.
- Please ensure all monies are brought to school in a clearly marked envelope or purse