What We Offer
What can we offer?
Carnlough CIPS is an exciting and innovative community primary school located on the scenic Antrim coast. Our school provides education for children between the ages of 4 and 11 years from all or no faith backgrounds and is committed to providing the highest standard of education for every pupil. We believe a strong home/school partnership plays an essential part in teaching our children and preparing them for the future. Our school is one where every child matters and each individual’s ability is recognized, developed and rewarded.
We make good use of our beautiful location to enhance our children’s learning experiences and we are proud of the links we have with local community groups, our Parent Teacher Association and our Shared Education Signature Project.
We are a well-resourced school who believe in the holistic development of all our children, who come together to learn with and from one another. We celebrate our differences, our talents and our abilities.
At Carnlough CIPS we aim to:
- Provide a safe, caring and disciplined environment where each child develops self-esteem and feels valued.
- Ensure we provide a zero-tolerance approach to bullying.
- Develop, through the Northern Ireland Curriculum, children who enjoy learning and who can reach their full potential.
- Help each child to develop respect, tolerance and empathy and to celebrate difference.
- Provide Sacramental teaching for all children at the age to receive the sacraments as well as coming together for religion encompassing Christian values and other world religions.
- Provide opportunities for staff and governors to achieve their full potential and enable them to work together for the benefit of each child.
- Develop a positive relationship between home, school and the wider community in order to raise standards and develop pride in our school.